PES Winter Clothing Guidelines
Last year the PES Universal Team, which supports positive school culture and climate, developed the following winter weather guidelines for duty staff.
Snow Pants & Boots
• K-3 students must have boots and snow pants to play in snow.
• 4th grade must have boots to play in the snow.
• 5th and 6th graders make their own decisions about boots.
The consequence for not wearing boots is wet feet and/or clothes. Students may not call home for changes of clothing.
• When it is below 40 degrees K-4 students must wear the coats they came with
• 5th & 6th graders must bring coats outside if it is below 40 degrees outside.
If a child is sent to school without appropriate winter clothing he or she may sit on the couch in the lobby, or if possible, borrow an item from lost and found.
A teacher or a member of the office staff will contact the parent of the child to express concern and offer support.
By Clayton Wood Email this author